Do you have import requirement questions? Click this link to be redirected to InterstateLivestock.com.
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
All birds and mammals imported into Minnesota, unless specifically exempted below, must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued by a veterinarian accredited in the state of origin. A copy of the CVI shall be forwarded within seven calendar days to the animal health officials in the state of origin for approval and transmittal.
The CVI shall:
- State that the animals described are not showing clinical signs of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease and that they meet movement requirements
- State the number of animals in the shipment
- State the species, breed, age, and sex of each animal
- Document official identification for each animal if required
- Document the address and contact information for the premises of origin and the premises of destination
- State the results of any tests that are required by the board
- State the purpose for moving the animals
- Direct to slaughter
- Other (i.e. exhibition/show)
- Document a permit number if required
- Document any additional information required by the board
- Any addendums or attachments to a CVI shall comply with the CVI Addendum Policy.